Who We Are
We are Reformed
We identify with the teaching of the confessions of the 16th and 17th century resulting from the Protestant Reformation. The five basic foundations of Protestant Reformed Theology are the following:
- SCRIPTURE ALONE is our final authority in every area of life.
- CHRIST ALONE in His sinless life and sin bearing death is the only basis of our acceptance before the one true God.
- GRACE ALONE and not good works is the only way sinners are saved.
- FAITH ALONE is the only way sinners receive God’s grace.
- THE GLORY OF GOD ALONE is the only reason God saves sinners by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
We are Baptist
We believe that only professing believers in Jesus Christ are to be baptized and become members of the local church. Baptism is an outward sign of an inner transformation of the new birth which results from being united with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection.
We preach the Holy Scriptures
We are confident in our triune God, His Word, and that Jesus Christ as the Head of His church will build His church through His ordained means of the preeminence of the preaching of the Word of God. We give ourselves to the faithful study, preaching, and teaching of the whole counsel of God contained in the Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments. Our preaching and teaching consists of verse by verse expositions with application of the sacred Word.
We are confessional
We fully subscribe to the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith as the fullest expression of our faith. We confess the truths contained in that document as a faithful summary of the whole teaching of the Word of God contained in both the Old and New Testaments. The Confession serves as a subordinate authority to God’s Word for our faith and practice.